Sunday, September 29, 2013

I Want to Travel

Okay, so the subject of this blog post should be obvious. Right now, I'm not sure whether or not I can, but I have my sights set on getting out of my situation and going somewhere, either in the country or out of the country. Right now, my preference would be to leave the country. Part of it is because I want to broaden my horizons, the other part is because I'm getting a little tired of being stuck in my current situation.

If I were to choose where to go, I would go to Europe. I really like watching Rick Steves' travel show and it gives me a chance to look at far-away places. Out of the places in Europe I would like to go, it would have to be Ireland, Britain, France and Germany. Ireland because it's my ancestral homeland, Britain partly because of football (where you use your foot), its own sights, France because it's well, France, and Germany because there's something about that place. I can't really explain.

Okay, so enough about where I want to go. I need to get out of my lousy situation and bad. I have sort of a wanderlust now, but because I'm not sure if I can afford to go, I'm stuck. I want to go and see other places. I want to see Niagara Falls again, maybe go to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, go to Cooperstown, see Boston, etc, etc, etc.

Sadly, I'm stuck in my situation and it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere any time soon, unless something happens. Although I did take a trip up to Wisconsin in June, and aside from the part of the trip I spent in Milwaukee, I felt very underwhelmed with the trip. I guess I could find a way to make my trips better. I found the town I visited to be very dull and I had a rough time with the public transportation. These lessons should be obvious for a future trip.

Until then, I'm stuck in my situation and putting my characters in far-off locales. It sucks, but It's all I can do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment