Saturday, August 3, 2013

12th Doctor to Be Revealed Tomorrow!

Okay, so by now you're probably fanboying (or, more likely fangirling) at the very title of the post. But yes, the 12th incarnation of the title character in the popular long-running British sci-fi show "Doctor Who". Ever since Matt Smith, the current and eleventh incarnation of the fictional Time Lord, announced he was stepping down, the speculation has been fever pitch.

Several names have already been rumored to take Smith's place. Harry Potter co-star Rupert Grint is one of them. I kind of like that idea because it'll not only help Grint escape the Weasley tag, but help make the Doctor a ginger, which the character has been itching to become. "Supernatural" co-star Misha Collins has also added himself to the mix, but I suspect he's just trolling the fanbase.

Personally, I want the Doctor to be a Time Lady. It will inject new life into the series and it will be nice to see something new. There will be people who will get angry at the idea of a lady playing the Doctor, but come on. I'd rather get angry at the actions of the Doctor, not the casting. Helen Mirren has been name-dropped by fans, but she's a big-name movie star. I don't see her doing it.

Until tomorrow, Whovians will have to hold their breath. All that can be guaranteed is that some people will be excited and others will... not. I'm eagerly awaiting this myself. I want to see who the new Doctor is. Look for my post here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment