Monday, July 8, 2013

Frustration

I happen to be one of millions of people my age who can't get a  job. We do all the right things; we apply, we interview well, we make a very good impression, but nothing ever comes our way. WHY!? What's wrong with us? Is it my attitude? Right now, I have no clue. It's getting so, so frustrating  when you think you have the right qualifications for a job and someone says "No" and doesn't tell you exactly why. I've changed my attitude. I tried to "Hit the pavement", but nothing works. We keep getting told to "just get a job" and it's not that easy.

I wish it was that easy. I have a college degree and had a great internship last year where I found some contacts. I even had two interviews back in March. I got nothing. I left my resume at stores and restaurants. I had interviews there, and I still got nothing! I've been yelled at for not getting a job. Why would someone blame me for not getting a job?

Of course, I'm not sure how much of it is my fault. I'm not lazy, I'm a hard worker. And I'm not entitled. Just going for the past several months without so much as an offer is humbling. My reason for making this is frustration. And one can't blame me for being frustrated with a never-ending job search. I'm a twenty-something out of college who can't find employment. At all.

And there are millions of me. And it's only getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment