Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Cousin's Wedding

So my cousin Nora got married last night, and I thought it was a fun time. I wish nothing but the best of luck to her and her husband.

It was held at St Ignatius Church, which I was surprised to find out was pretty close to UIC. I haven't been there in a while, so there's that reason. The church is actually pretty big and ornate and there's quite a bit of stuff in that church. The problem was, I could barely hear them during the actual ceremony. It's not their fault, it's the church's acoustics.

But it was a nice ceremony, very Catholic and very nice. But it was also very Irish and Scottish. They hired a bagpiper for goodness sake, kilt and everything! But it was the reception where things got good.

It was held next door at St Ignatius High School where my cousin spent her high school years. Her dad gave a pretty funny but heart-felt speech--which I expected from my uncle. And the food was fantastic. My other cousin--who happened to be her sister's bridesmaid--said it was the best food she'd ever had!

I got to meet people and caught up with my cousins, even one who was living in New York. And I stuffed myself, but it's a wedding! I congratulated my cousin and I even danced... reluctantly. And only at the end. I'm not great with dancing. I usually need some pushing or pulling to get me to dance.

So it was a nice time and I was glad I went. Since parties are great on my mom's side of the family, I can't wait for the next wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment